YOUTH NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- The purpose of the Youth National Developmental Program is to identify, support and train a small group of young athletes year-round who have future Senior National Team potential. Training will take place at local VCCE programs or VC approved programs. The program is a joint initiative between Volleyball Canada and Own the Podium to provide the necessary opportunities for athlete development within the Train to Train and Learn to Compete LTAD Stages. While the pathway to the National Team may be different for each athlete, VC is committed to increasing the skill level of our development athletes to support international success.
- 2015 participation with respective Provincial Team program
- Boys – Athletes must be born in 1997 or later, and be Canadian citizens
- Girls – Athletes must be born in 1997 or later, and be Canadian citizens
- The identification process will include submissions from Provincial Association Technical Directors, CIS/CCAA Coaches, VCCE Coaches, National Team staff and an official Selection Committee. Volleyball Canada will make final selections at the National Team Challenge Cup.
- May-July Provincial Team tryouts
- July 15-19 NTCC
- Identified athletes will be selected to receive year-round training support (Sept 2015 – June 2016) from Volleyball Canada through the VCCE or VC approved program. Athletes will receive a range of subsidies and services dependent on age and Volleyball Canada identification process.
Below are examples of additional services and financial support for identified athletes. Please note all services will be determined on an individual basis.
- Additional weekly training sessions to match LTAD guidelines. May include VCCE, small group and individual sessions
- Individual Strength and Conditioning services
- Volleyball Canada Mentor Coach support:
- Design athletes’ yearly plan, monitor athlete progress, communicate with VCCE coach and all other coaches to coordinate and supervise the athletes’ club and high school training and competition schedule.
- Volleyball Canada Staff School Liaison:
- To develop an academic schedule with your local school that is conducive to high performance training. This may include the addition of on-line courses and reduction/elimination of some in-person classes.
- Services may range in value of up to $3,000 per athlete
If you have any questions, contact the VCCE Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org